Friday, March 23, 2007

 

Timmy’s just ain’t kind to me anymore…

You’d think it a blessing when they open up a Tim Horton’s two city blocks away from your office building as opposed to the humongous 5 or 6 city blocks, but when service is lacking and they try to make you sick, you start to see it in a different light. The passed three days I’ve gotten off one train station later so I could go into the closer coffee shop so I could enjoy my extra large one cream, two sugars in the comfort of my office. I won’t make the extra effort any longer.

This morning, my third and final visit, I was enthusiastically greeted by the middle aged counter lady with the words, “Next customer!”

She didn’t ask what I wanted, so guessed she just assumed I knew my role. “Extra large, one cream, two sugars please,” I said with my typical charming smile that has wooed many a female in Spring time (but no longer used as such arsenal…married!).

Not a word is said to me. She takes my exact change and robotically dismisses my presence with her infamous catch phrase, “Next customer!”

I reflexively, if not a little sarcastically, lean in and say, “Your welcome!” This gets me a look of surprise from my cash grabbing counterpart as she didn’t recall saying “Thank you.”

I head over to the serving counter where another gentleman is waiting for part of his order. A young blond nose-ring adorned female is sluggishly preparing my coffee. Her half closed eyes are the typical trademark sign of a morning person. I’m not wearing my gloves at this point because Calgary weather has decided to be kind to its dwellers today, and Tim Horton’s cups are infamous for being terrible at protecting their holder’s hands from scalding. It’s not uncommon for a patron to ask for their beverage to be double cupped. I did so this morning.

I was given a look of disdain. Somewhere, sometime in a previous life I had wronged this golden frocked coffee maiden, and she stomped over to another counter, took out a cup that insured I wouldn’t be able to win any prizes from, and dropped the first coffee cup into it. The other gentleman waiting gave me a look that said, “Can you believe this?” I laughed out loud and said, “My goodness!” and chuckled my way out of that Timmy’s for the last time.

But that wasn’t the catalyst for my decision not to patronize the new establishment.

The pinnacle of sins that they delivered upon me was only discovered when, after sitting at my desk and booting up my computer, I peeled back the coffee cup tab and discovered what looked like cheese floating in my drink. The cream was curdled.

Is this a sign of what the weekend is going to be like? I mean, I just watched Eragon with the kids, and while it wasn’t the worst movie in the world, it could have been better. Is that how I’m going to look back at this weekend. I guess only if my dog gets loose again…

It’s time for The Josh and Justin Show:


Justin, I want you to know that your aunt threw up in her mouth a little when, and I’m quoting directly from your film (which episode, I can’t remember), you said, “You be the monkey!” Consider that an achievement. Any film that parodies the good ol’ Benny Hill running around skit is definitely worth the watch. Congrats! You made me laugh. Now we just have to work on your sound…Great editing, though!

The new strip was posted a little late but on the right day. Looking at it now, I’m not too happy with the over use of the fadey border for panels 2 and 3, so that may change. Thankfully, next strip signifies the ending of this story arc, and on to newer things. I’ve enjoyed it, though. It’s good to follow an arc every now and then as opposed to doing the one shots all the time. We haven’t done that since we premiered in January.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?